For over 30 years, The Dalles Sister Cities Association (TDSCA) has been promoting intercultural awareness and friendship between Miyoshi City, Japan and The Dalles.
Our mission is to build and sustain cross-cultural connections and mutual understanding with our sister cities and the larger global community. We accomplish this through education, exchanges, cultural events, partnerships and activities. Read more
There are a lot of ways to participate!
- Become a volunteer! There are lots of ways to get involved and be of service. Contact us if you are interested in joining our team of awesome volunteers!
- Attend a meeting; we meet every 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm in the basement of St. Peter’s Catholic Church, located at 1222 W 10th St. in The Dalles.
- Become a host family! Typically this is a one-week commitment in the fall but we also have one month stay’s.
- Travel to Japan as a member of a delegation.
- Help with fundraising or event planning in The Dalles.
- Make a donation: all funds, including membership dues, go directly toward the TDSCA program, supporting youth exchanges and cultural events.
Read more about becoming a member and sign up today!
We wish to recognize our 2019 sponsors, donors and volunteers. Thank you for your support!
Bob and Kris McFadden, Copper West Realty, Columbia Gorge Community College, Jim Wilcox, Dan and Michele Spatz, Marcus Morgan, Sunshine Mill Artisan Plaza and Winery, David Griffith, Hazel Phillip’s Travel, The Dalles Public Library, Crystal Mountain Hotels, The Dalles Country Club, Skamania Lodge, Stansbury Family Dental, Polehn Farms, Emerson Dell Farm, Route 30 Bottles and Brews, Cascade Tattoo Company, Breezeway Boutique, Klindt’s Bookstore, Last Stop Hotel and Saloon, Krispy Crème, Safeway, Grocery Outlet, Coastal, Kmart, Path Learning, Seckora Consulting, LLC., The Dalles Dam Visitor Center and Discover Your Northwest.
Special thanks to our chaperones: Samantha Luth, Matthew Seckora and Rebekah Evans for volunteering to embark on this journey with our student delegation. We are also especially grateful for our fundraising leading lady, Lia Davis, for her extraordinary dedication, creativity and enthusiasm to our cause! Thank you to Corliss Marsh, Jen Anderson, Denise Harrison, Norm Martin, Katriona Bowman, Gloria Cheadle, Ann Goodman, Leslie Sulivan, Jeannie Glaspy, Julie Krueger, Ashley Lauterbach and Jason Hinkle for donating hand crafted artisan gifts for our raffle.
Thank you to The City of The Dalles and The Dalles High School for your continued support and to our teachers Pete Recksiek and Paula Long for their contributions. We may have forgotten to identify some of you but know that you are also on our gratitude list! Arigato Gozaimasu!
Our board members and volunteers deserve gold stars (literally) too! They do so much and this whole program could not happen without them. Thank you Amber Tilton, Samantha Luth, Corliss Marsh, Lovepreet Kaur, Linda Miller, Margaret Brewer, Jen Anderson, Peter Recksiek, Matthew Seckora, and Lia Davis – aka…best team ever!